Getting a Commercial Loan: Complete 2017 Guide
Oct 05, 2017
In today’s commercial real estate lending environment, more and more borrowers are searching for alternatives to traditional lending institutions. There are a host of reasons for this: Growing desire to find a tailored lending solution, increasing lender specialization by lending institutions, tightening of banks’ underwriting standards, and more.
The last of these reasons may be playing the biggest role on those searching for commercial loans in 2017. In an economic environment plagued by uncertainty on both a domestic and global stage, banks are tightening lending standards more and more in an effort to mitigate risk, and insulate themselves from the potential volatility of commercial mortgage rates.
Unfortunately, none of these reasons offer much for first-time borrowers navigating through the many types of commercial loans. The world of getting a commercial loan can be a complicated one. What is commercial lending? What are bridge loans? What does REO/bank-owned mean?
Easy Access to Valuable Commercial Lending Information
These questions can be truly imposing ones for an individual simply looking for a better understanding of how to get a commercial mortgage. We think they shouldn’t be. In fact, we think there should be an easy way to access all the commercial lending basics, from which situations call for an asset-based loan to how to calculate mortgage payments – and everything between (and beyond).
Consider this a start – a resource you can utilize to feel more confident (or simply refresh your knowledge) when it comes to the terms and processes within the commercial real estate lending sphere.
Getting a Commercial Loan: A Complete 2017 Guide to Real Estate Lending
Whether you ultimately decide that a traditional bank loan is the best decision for your situation, or you decide that your situation may be better suited for a private asset-based loan, it’s your choice. But you should always walk into that choice with the best understanding of the options in front of you.
We hope you’ll take a look and enjoy this guide. Be sure to check back, as we’ll be periodically updating it to make sure it’s the most comprehensive resource out there for borrowers in 2017.
Getting a Commercial Real Estate Loan
- Top 9 Things to Look out for Before Signing Loan Documents
- Valuation Methods to Calculate Commercial Property Value
- Requirements You Need To Qualify For a Hard Money Loan
Commercial Lending Terms for Beginners
- How Do Commercial Loan Discount Points Work?
- How Do Commercial Loan Origination Fees Work?
- How does the Broker’s Price Opinion (BPO) Work?
- What is Asset Based Lending?
- What Does REO Bank Owned Mean?
- What Are Commercial Mortgages?
Choosing Between Types of Lenders
- Are Commercial Bridge Loans Worth the Risk?
- Six Situations To Use Hard Money Loan
- 3 Differences of Hard Money Lenders vs Real Estate Crowdfunding
- The Top 8 Reasons to Get a Commercial Hard Money Loan
- 3 Unique Benefits of Asset Based Loans
- Top 10 Reasons Real Estate Investors Use Hard Money Loans
Market Trends and Commercial Loan Rates
- What Is the Current Commercial Mortgage Rate
- Real Estate Consensus Predicts Slower Growth in 2017
- 2017 Commercial Interest Rate Forecast
- Hotel Ownership in an Airbnb World
- The Future of Retail Space
Commercial Real Estate Experts to Follow
This article was originally posted on April 14, 2017 and updated on October 5, 2017.